Monday, June 6, 2011

Such a thing as a soul mate?

Last week, ironically after watching an old episode of The Office on Netflix, my wife posed a really thought-provoking question:

-Do you think that soul mates exist?  Or, could you be happy with another person?

I realize this blog is aimed more toward teens...and majority of teens have not yet found their spouses.  But, a lot of teens think about "the future spouse."  Many teens are beginning to think about what characteristics they are looking for, how they want to be treated, etc.  Many teens see the generations preceding them dabbling with fornication, co-habitation, and a society saturated with divorce 

So, this question is more relevant to teens than the first glance might reveal.


I hope to take some time over the next week or so to offer some thoughts and answers to these questions.  If any of my readers have additional comments, please feel free to provide them.

1 comment:

  1. This is interesting because I once had a long discussion with my family about this during a road trip about a year ago if I recall correctly... I think we concluded that it could be more than one person, but God already knew who you would pick, or something along those lines...?

    ReplyDelete