Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kickoff Recap: Part II - Plus a note on the theme.

I just threw together more footage from Kickoff.  This is from our second game - the one with Marshmallow Fluff.  Check it out: 



Fr. Albert did some great work on the camera to catch all of the cheating.  There are also a lot of shots of scavenging. 

At the end of the evening, we passed out our t-shirt for the year.  I'm quite pleased with the design. 

Our theme for the year is from John 1:5, which says, "The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not over come it." 

Light always conquers darkness in our experience here on earth.  If I'm sitting in a dark room in my house, and open the door to a lighted room, that light instantly pierces the darkness of the room I'm standing in.  It conquers it - and really, it appears to cut right through it.  This provides us with a fantastic image to reflect upon throughout the year.  Are we willing to open that door to our hearts (and however much darkness lies in there) and allow the Light of Christ in?  Are we open to conversion and healing, and the "light of light?"  Are we tired of walking in darkness? 

These are the questions that will drive the work we do this year, as we continue this process of metanoia, change, transformation, conversion - literally converging all of my self, my life upon the Light. 


No comments:

Post a Comment