Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Shock and Awe

Christmas is almost here.

This frustrates me.  And not because I don't like Christmas.

I, once again, failed to enter into the Advent in the way I wanted to.  Not sure if you find yourself in a situation like mine, but two days of Advent is still two days of Advent.  This means there is still time to recall the deepest feeling of anticipation you've ever had and try to apply that feeling to what it means that God took on flesh to save your life.

There is still time to ponder what it means that God loves you and me so deeply that he crashes into our humanity, taking it on fully, in order to teach us what He wants most:  For us to simply be with Him.

  
May we each be surprised once again, surprised at the announcement of the Incarnation as the shepherds were, this coming Saturday.  And may we, in a spirit of surprise, wonder and awe, make haste to the inner recesses of our hearts to encounter the living God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment